Thursday, January 12, 2012

So hard to keep up!

You may remember that I stated, when I started Clearly Derby, that I wanted to address the peoples' complaint that local government isn't transparent enough.

My hypothesis was that if we pay attention, go to a few meetings, read the news, ask questions, and generally inform ourselves of what's going on then the transparency could be discovered right there all around us.

To test my theory I started Clearly Derby with the objective of trying to keep track of meetings and all the government events that are happening.  In other words, Clearly Derby would become the model informed citizen of Derby.

Well, I want to tell you that this isn't as easy as I thought it would be!  If I were working full-time and had young children to care for, I simply could not keep up with what's happening in Derby!  There are so many meetings, and so many questions, and so many ongoing projects, and so on and so forth.  It becomes a full-time job to just keep track of everything.

I will keep going with Clearly Derby but I feel I've tested my theory and found it lacking.  I will continue with Clearly Derby for my own enjoyment and to share what's going on for your benefit as well.  Together I think we can make government more transparent, if not crystal clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment